axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rodrigo Ruiz" <rr...@gridsystems.com>
Subject Interoperability problem with apacheSoap clients
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:11:59 GMT
Hi all,

I have an apacheSoap client accessing an Axis server.

Whenever an axis service returns a null array, my client throws the following exception:

SOAP-ENV:Client: The "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/:arrayType" attribute
                 must be specified for every array.

Inspecting the envelopes of the failing call, I can see that the "arrayType" attribute is
present in all non-null arrays, but it is not in null ones.
I suppose this attribute is optional when the array is null, being this a bug in the apacheSoap
library, but I cannot modify the client code, as it pertains to a version of our client application
we wish to maintain compatibility with (we want to avoid client application upgrades, as they
are in production).

Is there any way to tell Axis to include the attribute "arrayType", even when it is not needed
(that is, in null responses) ? Or am I wrong and it is a bug of Axis?

Thanks in advance,

GRIDSYSTEMS                    Rodrigo Ruiz Aguayo
Parc Bit - Son Espanyol        Analista Programador
07120 Palma de Mallorca        rruiz@gridsystems.com
Baleares - EspaƱa              Tel:+34-971435085
www.gridsystems.com            Fax:+34-971435082