axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Frank Apap <f...@optonline.net>
Subject RE: Basic Questions
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 19:17:11 GMT
Testing.?  Can someone reply to this msg even if they don't feel like
answering my questions so I can verify that my messages are making it to
the group :-)

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Apap [mailto:fsa3@optonline.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 9:49 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Basic Questions

I have some more questions that have arose after more reading.

1)       A given 'service' can have 1 or more exposed soap functions
correct?
2)       What is the purpose of the SoapAction HTTP header parameter
from a practical standpoint?
3)       If my service is meant only to be used by a select 1 or 2
client applications is there a need for WSDLs?
4)       The Axis Developers guide refers to using ant, junit and other
utilities when developing a soap service.  Is that required? Do most of
you guys use that?

I know these are very general questions; but they will definetly help me
get a better overall understanding of SOAP and Axis.

/F