axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Clay Graham" <cgra...@newobjectivity.com>
Subject RE: Newbie help needed: complex return types
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:26:45 GMT
To deserialize a complex type you will need a version of that class type
in your classpath so you can cast the return type.

To see a cookbook on how to do this goto:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=104950330716433&w=2

Clay Graham
President
newObjectivity, Inc.
making the mobile-world-office
http://www.newobjectivity.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan [mailto:dan@mcenter.com]
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 9:55 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Newbie help needed: complex return types

Please, if someone could help me find my way I'd appreciate it.  I'm new
to all of this and I'm trying to get a handle on the basic stuff so I
can assist in a web service learning project for our java user group.

We want to write a client to connect to an existing web service
(http://ws2.serviceobjects.net/fw/FastWeather.asmx?WSDl).  The service
passes back a complex object.  I have no idea how to program the client
to handle returned complex objects.  I'm trying to use the
BeanSerializer/Deserializer factories, but I get a SAXException error.

If someone would be kind enough to look over the client code and provide
some assistance to what I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it.

The client class and complex-type bean classes, server response & SAX
error are here:

	http://www.mcenter.com/test/weather/