axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Yuan <jun...@pancake.as.utexas.edu>
Subject Re: Web Services book
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 00:26:01 GMT

> I wrote a book on Ant with Erik Hatcher last year (product placement:java
> development with ant, http://manning.com/antbook). You can look at our
> progress through Ant's CVS log and the bugzilla system: we found oodles

I found Erik and Steve's ANT book excellent. Before I read that book, I
was wondering how someone could write a 700 page book on a simple tool
like ANT. Well, as it turns out, the book is much more than ANT. It is a
mini-J2EE (as well as Open Source tools/frameworks) tutorial and
everything is nicely tied together using ANT. A chapter of that book
discusses Axis. I wish it could discuss Sun's JAX-RPC too.

Anyway, I highly recommend that book. Manning has been publishing a lot of
excellent books these days.

cheers
Michael
Read Michael Yuan's technology articles
http://www.enterprisej2me.com/articles.php
Dr. Dobbs Journal, JavaWorld, IBM developerWorks and more ...