axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Kevin.Bed...@sunlife.com
Subject Re: Performance testing - timing data - how to get it?
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:06:38 GMT

I have some contacts at a company called Adjoin ( http://www.adjoin.com/ )
based here in Boston. They have a product that is in beta now that plugs in
as a handler to Axis services and allows you to monitor this type of info
(btw - it also allows the same possibility for .NET).

I understand there may be a possibility of participating in the beta -
though I can't speak for them.

             James Black                       To: axis-user@ws.apache.org

             <jblack@ieee.org>                 cc: (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)

             03/31/2003 04:06 PM               Subject:  Re: Performance testing - timing
data - how to get it?
             Please respond to axis-user

Pascale, Peter H. wrote:

>We are embarking on a short project to validate Axis performance within a
>particular web service client application. I've seen a few recent posts
that
>refer to timing data for web service calls. How are folks getting timing
>information? Are you using a third-party tool like JProbe? Relying on
>homegrown time-logging approaches? Simply logging call and return times?

  I use JUnit for timing information, running loops, so that the
webservice is called 10-1000 times.  I also just use the elapsed time to
determine how long the web service calls take.