axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jim.Jack...@SunGard.com
Subject RE: How to dynamically invoke a webservice provided just WSDL?
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:06:05 GMT

So it is conceivable that a Web Service client could:

1.  Use a UDDI registry to present a user with a list of available web
services
2. Allow the user to choose one
3. Present the user with a list of methods the web service provides
4. Allow the user to choose one
5. Present the user with a list of arguments the method requires
6. Allow the user to enter the argument values
7. Allow the user to invoke the method and display the results

without ever having known about the web service beforehand ?

Jim Jackson
SunGard EBS

                    Tom Jordahl

                    <tomj@macromed       To:     "'axis-user@ws.apache.org'" <axis-user@ws.apache.org>

                    ia.com>              cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: How to dynamically invoke a webservice
provided
                    03/26/2003            just WSDL?

                    08:57 AM

                    Please respond

                    to axis-user

Yes, this is exactly what the DII interface does - parse the WSDL and build
a Call object.  We do the work so you don't have to!

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development