axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Betsy Frey <Betsy.F...@merant.com>
Subject RE: Return Value in a SOAPEnvelope
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:06:29 GMT
I think you need to cast the result of next() to MessageElement:

MessageElement elem = mySOAPENv.getFirstBody().getChildElements().next();
String value = elem.getValue();

Betsy

-----Original Message-----
From: jchen@parasoft.com [mailto:jchen@parasoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 7:23 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Return Value in a SOAPEnvelope

How do I extract the return value from a SOAPEnvelope?

mySOAPEnv.getFirstBody().getChildElements().next().getValue()

I'm trying to get the value of the first Element in the Body, but getValue
will not work.

I get the response element:
<Result xsi:type="xsd:string"
xmlns:xsi="http//www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">Success!</Result>
but I can't extract the value.

Also I tried getValueAsType and it just gave me
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:string"

Thanks!
John

Notice: This email transmission and/or the attachments accompanying it may
contain confidential information belonging to Merant. The information is
only for the use of the intended recipient. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email,
and then destroy all copies of the transmission.