axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sean Leblanc <Se...@e-infodata.com>
Subject RE: Probs with installation of AXIS
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 00:08:09 GMT
Okay, thanks. Going a bit further, I was trying 'Test a SOAP Endpoint', and
that I got what was shown in the installation guide. Then I did 'Test a JWS
Endpoint', and same thing. Odd.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:steve_l@iseran.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 4:55 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Probs with installation of AXIS

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Leblanc" <SeanL@e-infodata.com>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 14:38
Subject: Probs with installation of AXIS

> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to get Axis installed into my Tomcat. I'm up to the
> point where the Axis Happiness page shows this. It does say that some
> optional libs were not loaded (xmlsec.jar), but that shouldn't matter,
> right?

right. All is there and all looks like it is in the right place.

yet axis cannot create an instance of the wsdl factory.

I am sure it is related to either classloader heirarchies _or_ wsdl needing
some other library, but nothing springs to mind. If nobody else can fix it,
file a bug report.

> =======================
> AXIS error
>
> Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:
>
> Fault - WSDLException: faultCode=CONFIGURATION_ERROR: Problem
instantiating
> factory implementation.: com.ibm.wsdl.factory.WSDLFactoryImpl:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.wsdl.factory.WSDLFactoryImpl
> at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader
> .java:992)
> at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader
> .java:857)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)
> at javax.wsdl.factory.WSDLFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source) at
> javax.wsdl.factory.WSDLFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source) at
> org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.createDefinition(Emitter.java:517)
> at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.getWSDL(Emitter.java:323)
> at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:235)
> at

org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.generateWSDL(JavaProvider.java:4
> 18)
> at
> org.apache.axis.strategies.WSDLGenStrategy.visit(WSDLGenStrategy.java:
> 72)
> at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:156)
> at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.generateWSDL(SimpleChain.java:143)
> at

org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.generateWSDL(SOAPService.java:355)
> at
> org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.generateWSDL(AxisServer.java:490)
> at

org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.processWsdlRequest(AxisServlet.ja
> va:428)
> at
> org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:280)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> at

org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:
> 335)
> at

> FilterChain.java:247)
> at

> ain.java:193)
> at

> va:260)
> at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at

> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at

> va:191)
> at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at

> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2
> 415)
> at

> )
> at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at

> java:170)
> at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
> [...]
> at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223
> )
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:432)
> at

> ction(Http11Protocol.java:386)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
> 534)
> at

> a:530)
>

> TIA,
> Sean LeBlanc
> This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or
company
> named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
> information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this
unlawful
> and is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> delete
this