axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: No such method error
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:42:04 GMT
I think this is often caused by conflicts of Xerces versions between Axis and Tomcat.
A quick search of the archives should help you find the solution.

Hope this helps

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Durant, Neil [mailto:A270562@uk.fid-intl.com]
Sent: 13 March 2003 15:17
To: 'axis-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: No such method error

I'm trying to call web services via SOAP from javascript using Axis, and at
this stage I'm trying to call a basic "getVersion()" method on a simple
Version service hosted locally on Tomcat.  However, when I call invoke, I
get the following exception:

java.security.PrivilegedActionException:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.getSAXParser(XMLUtils.java:247)
	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationCon
textImpl.java:229)
	at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:546)
	at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:377)
	at sun.plugin.liveconnect.PrivilegedCallMethodAction.run(Unknown
Source)
	at sun.plugin.liveconnect.SecureInvocation$2.run(Unknown Source)
	at sun.plugin.liveconnect.SecureInvocation.CallMethod(Unknown
Source)

I'm certain the service supports getVersion(), and Tomcat is running etc.
Can anyone shed any light on this error?

Thanks in advance,

Neil Durant

Fidelity Investments International, Fidelity Investment Services Limited,
Fidelity Pensions Management and Financial Administration Services Limited
(a Fidelity Group company) are all regulated in the UK by the FSA and have
their registered offices at Oakhill House, 130 Tonbridge Road,
Hildenborough, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 9DZ. Tel 01732 361144. Fidelity only
gives information on products and does not give investment advice to private
clients based on individual circumstances. Any comments or statements made
are not necessarily those of Fidelity. The information transmitted is
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you received this in
error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
All e-mails sent from or to Fidelity may be subject to our monitoring
procedures.