axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Davis, Kevin" <KDa...@ironmountain.com>
Subject RE: HTTP Connections Hanging
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:19:13 GMT
I think much of the issue I'm having is around the bug pertaining to
Xerces/Axis still holding the connection open to ensure that all the bytes
have been recieved.  But it does sound similar, but I'm letting Axis do all
the socket stuff.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin.Bedell@sunlife.com [mailto:Kevin.Bedell@sunlife.com]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 11:35 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: HTTP Connections Hanging

I ran into a similar problem using Weblogic while doing some low-level TCP
socket communications. It turns out that whenever a socket timeout occured
I was handling the Exception - but not specifically 'closing' the socket in
a "finally{}" clause. As a result the sockets chewed up my weblogic threads
until they were gone.

Not sure if this applies exactly - it may be a piece of the puzzle...

Kevin

             "Davis, Kevin"                    To:
"'axis-user@ws.apache.org'" <axis-user@ws.apache.org>

             <KDavis@ironmountain.com>         cc: (bcc: Kevin
Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
             03/14/2003 10:53 AM               Subject:  HTTP Connections
Hanging
             Please respond to axis-user

I've been looking through the past messages and the Apache Axis bugzilla
database and it appears that the issue surrounding HTTP Connections
"hanging" is a known issue.  What is the easiest way to get around this
issue?

I'm expieriencing some rather interesting problems surrounding this.  I
have
an app, running on Weblogic 7.0.1 using an Axis client to call a MS-SOAP
C++
service on Win2K.  I am noticing the thread count in Weblogic continues to
grow steadily over time and eventually runs out.  After doing a thread
dump,
Weblogic shows that all of those thread are in the Axis Client "hanging"
waiting for the HTTP connection to close.  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Kevin Davis