axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Viraj Bhat" <vira...@hotmail.com>
Subject Apache Tomcat 3.2.4 + Apache Axis RC1+ Jacorb 1.4 + Jdk 1.4
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:58:19 GMT
Hi all,
I am sorry if I am asking this question on the jacorb mailing list since I
felt
that maybe I could get answers from this well maintained/coordinated mailing
list.
I am using Jacorb.jar along with the tomcat 3.2.4,Java 1.4 and I have done
modifications
to the ${TOMCAT_HOME}/bin/tomcat.sh file as suggested in the documentation
of Jacorb.
"-Xbootclasspath:${JACORB_HOME}/lib/jacorb.jar:${JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib/rt.jar:${CLASSPATH}
-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORB"
Added the jacorb.jar ahead of the rt.jar file in the tomcat.sh script.I then
plan to use the same tomcat 3.2.4 for deploying Apache Axis which is used as
webapp by  making an axis directory in the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps
directory.The
installation doesn't work when calling a web service by throwing an
Exception
R( /axis + /EchoHeaders.jws + null) -
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/apache/axis/AxisFault
Though the jar file which contains this class is in the
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib directory.
Then I place the jar file axis.jar which contains this class explicitly in
the
CLASSPATH.Then I get another exception stating that:
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError caused by
java.lang.NullPointerException
If I change the startup script i.e tomcat.sh(-->$TOMCAT_HOME/bin/startup.sh)
the original version which came from the vendor allowing the normal loading
of
the java's orb and then jacorb the Apache Axis proceeds without problems.If
I do
this I will not be able to load the jacorb.jar.Is there no way i can
interoperate with Apache Axis,Apache TOMCAT and Jacorb together ?

Thanks in advance
Regards Viraj