axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Naresh Bhatia" <NBha...@sapient.com>
Subject Problem with packaging Axis app - ClassNotFoundException
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:03:38 GMT
I have an ear file that works perfectly well with WebLogic 7.0 but gives
me a ClassNotFoundException in WebLogic 6.1. Hoping that someone might
know what is going on.

The ear file is structured as follows:

    MyApp.ear
        axis.jar
        my-web-app.war (manifest class-path points to axis.jar)
            WEB-INF/classes
                services.UserService.class

This works in WebLogic 7.0. I assume that the class loader that loads
the Axis servlet finds the UserService class under WEB-INF/classes.
However this does not work with WebLogic 6.1 SP3. I have also tried the
following layouts:

1)  MyApp.ear
        my-web-app.war
            WEB-INF/classes
                services.UserService.class
            WEB-INF/lib
                axis.jar

2)  MyApp.ear
        my-web-app.war
            WEB-INF/lib
                axis.jar
                services.jar (containing services.UserService.class)

Naresh