axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sonja Pieper <spie...@schlund.de>
Subject Re: Using the WSDD
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 09:23:56 GMT
Mike Smithson wrote:
> Is there documentation besides what is on the axis site about generating
> wsdd files?
>
>  I want to deploy a jar file as a web service and I am not sure how to
> write a wsdd for it, if it is at all possible.

Hi,

I am not a big expert myself, but someone gave me a good hint earlier.
Write it yourself instead of generating the deploy.wsdd. It is really
easy too I noticed. So this is what my deploy.wsdd looks like:

  <service name="YourService" provider="java:RPC">
   <parameter name="className" value="your.package.yourClass"/>
   <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="method1 method2 method3"/>
  </service>
</deployment>

Maybe this answers your question.

I copied the jar file for my service in the axis/WEB-INF/lib/ directory.
And it really seems to be working so far (have not yet tested
admittedly) but I can deploy with the above deployment descriptor which
is more than I could do the past 2 days.

The deploy.wsdd generated with the client by wsdl2java looks much more
complicated, so I am sure there is a lot more that can be put into the
deployment descriptor but for a basic deploy this should be enough.
At least on the axis hp or with a quick googling I have not found much
in the way of documentation of the wsdd format (a small paragraph about
it is in the axis architecture guide)

Ciao
Sonja

--
sonja.pieper@schlund.de, Tel: 91374-370

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to
keep your mouth shut. --Ernest Hemingway