axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sateesh Ayyagari <ayya...@yahoo.com>
Subject Map Schema error
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:40:25 GMT

Hi Srinivas,

  I have a question regarding the schema of Map released in the earlier versions.  As said
by you, I have gone thru the links provided but came up with little clarification.  I see
a flaw in the schema of AXIS for Map in the old version, which might be the reason for .NET
not to understand.

Below is the schema which is creating the problem of unable to impot namespace on the .NET
side.

<wsdl:types>
  <schema targetNamespace="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
   xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
   <import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>

      <complexType name="Map">
        <sequence>
   <element name="items" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
    <complexType>
          <all>
            <element name="key" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
            <element name="value" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
    </all>
        </complexType>
         </element>
 </sequence>
      </complexType>
  </schema>
</wsdl:types>

Below is the schema which is equivalent to the above but generates a proxy on the .NET side.

<wsdl:types>
  <schema targetNamespace="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
    xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

     <import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>

      <complexType name="item">
        <sequence>
          <element name="key" nillable="true" type="xsd:anyType"/>
          <element name="value" nillable="true" type="xsd:anyType"/>
  </sequence>
      </complexType>

      <complexType name="Map">
        <sequence>
   <element name="items" nillable="true" type="apachesoap:item" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
 </sequence>
      </complexType>
  </schema>
</wsdl:types>

  Is it mandatory for the items in the Map to be of the xml.apache.org/xml-soap namespace
along with Map?  Because for the first schema it isnt and it did not work.

Thanks,

Sateesh.