axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jinesh Varia <jineshresea...@yahoo.com>
Subject Axis nullpointer help!
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 07:10:42 GMT
I have deployed a service and now using a client to invoke that service.

I dont know how to debug or how to track the error is there any way I can log the error. I
am
getting this stupid annoying error

I made an interface, using java2WSDL to generate WSDL, then I changed the WSDL as I wanted
with
the proper names and then I regenerated the client and server files.

Exception in thread "main" AxisFault
faultSubcode:
faultString: java.lang.NullPointerException
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: AxisFault
faultSubcode:
faultString: java.lang.NullPointerException
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:251)
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:168)
at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:1001)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
at
Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:242)
at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:377)
at DWSClient.DBLPSeerBindingStub.getAllPublications(DBLPSeerBindingStub.java:196)
at DWSClient.DWSClient.main(DWSClient.java:17)

My DWSClient.java (have I made the client call in the rightway?

package DWSClient;

public class DWSClient {

public static void main (String[] args) throws Exception {

System.out.println("Looking for service......");
DBLPSeerWebService service = new DBLPSeerWebServiceLocator();

System.out.println("binding the port......");
DBLPSeerPortType port = service.getDBLPSeerPort();

//int perID=((Integer)(args[0]));

System.out.println("function call......");
Publication temp[] = new Publication[100];
temp = port.getAllPublications(5389);
int i=0;
while(temp[i]!=null){
System.out.println(temp[i].title);
System.out.println(temp[i].pubID);
System.out.println(temp[i].year);
int j=0;
while(temp[i].persons[j]!=null){

System.out.println(temp[i].persons[j].personName+"::"+temp[i].persons[j].perID);
j++;
}
i++;
}

System.out.println("DONE......");

}
}

-----------------------

getAllPublications simply takes in an integer and it is supposed to query the database at
the
servicePort but as you can see from the stack trace it does not even reach the serviceendpoint.
and generates..

My WSDL is availabe at http://dblpseer.ist.psu.edu/ws/services/DBLPSeerPort?WSDL

I used the latest 11 march nighly to run it but :(
Any pointer of help would help.

I also compiled the file again
Jinesh

=====