axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Roy Wood <roy.w...@filogix.com>
Subject "Connection Closed" SQLExceptions
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 16:08:57 GMT
This is probably not really an Axis problem, but I suspect that someone
else here has probably run into it before.

I've got a SOAP service that accesses an Oracle database via JDBC.  Most
of the methods exposed are pretty light (fetch a bunch of rows from a
table, maybe insert into one table), and work great.  One method is a
little heavier though-- it queries three or four tables, then inserts
into three others before finally committing all the changes.

Repeated invocation of the latter method quickly leads to problems.
Specifically, when I get the JDBC connection and try to set auto commit
to false, a SQLException "Connection Closed" occurs, and I have to
restart the server.  :-(

Speaking of the server, it is Tomcat 4.1.18, and I am using its
connection pooling.  And yes, I am paranoically careful to close all
ResultSets, PreparedStatements, and Connections in the correct order, as
mentioned in the docs.

Anybody else been bitten by this?

-Roy

"Disclaimer ­ The opinions expressed in this message are strictly
personal and do not necessarily reflect those of FiLogix."