axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Reid" <kw...@vektral.com>
Subject Re: Axis client hangs -- what's the REAL fix?
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 02:20:42 GMT
Sorry, that should have said "From what I can tell, the code makes use of java.NET.SocketInputStream,
instead."

-Reid
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Reid
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 6:19 PM
  Subject: Axis client hangs -- what's the REAL fix?

      I have been reading posts all over this mailing list and in the bug database which seem
to refer to the same problem that I am having.  I am trying to send a SOAP request to a remote
server to retrieve a document.  The request is sent and the response is returned (I have verified),
but my Axis client always hangs.  I have not been able to retrieve a document yet, though
I have been able to using a .NET client.      I saw a post which recommended modifying org.apache.transport.http.SocketInputStream.java,
which I did, but it had no effect.  From what I can tell, the code makes use of java.io.SocketInputStream,
instead.
      Anyway, I am new to Axis, and have found this to be very confusing.  If a solution to
this issue has been outlined somewhere, please point me in that direction.  I'm up against
a deadline, and this issue has me completely stuck.

  Thank you very much,

  Reid