axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Pete Clark" <p...@quadfore.com>
Subject Help exposing this document service
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 20:11:37 GMT
Here's the EJB I want to expose as a web service (Using axis 1.0 with
Jboss 3.2.0)

  public Document runQuery(DatabaseRequest lDatabaseRequest) {

.. Code removed .

Document lResults;

..  Code removed

            return lResults;

  }

DatabaseRequest is just a simple class with 4 public member variables.
uri, username, password, query.  The WSDL is generated just fine,
generating a complex type with databaserequest's member variables.   I
can discover the wsdl fine with a soap client, no problems there.

However when I try to run the service, the request document is
constructed properly (watched the logs).. But I get this error:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child
element, which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to
deserialize.

Here's my web-service.xml file (analogous to wsdd file)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

            targetNamespace="http://net.jboss.org/database"

            xmlns:database="http://net.jboss.org/database"

  <service name="database" provider="Handler" style="document">
<!-- I've also tried  not having style="document" in there, same error!
-->

            <parameter name="handlerClass"
value="org.jboss.net.axis.server.EJBProvider" />

            <parameter name="beanJndiName" value="ejb/DatabaseService"
/>

            <parameter name="homeInterfaceName"
value="DatabaseServiceHome" />

            <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="runQuery" />

            <requestFlow name="DatabaseServiceRequest">

                        <handler name="TransactionRequestHandler"
type="java:org.jboss.net.axis.server.TransactionRequestHandler" />

            </requestFlow>

            <responseFlow name="DatabaseServiceResponse">

                        <handler name="SerialisationResponseHandler"
type="java:org.jboss.net.axis.server.SerialisationResponseHandler" />

                        <handler name="TransactionResponseHandler"
type="java:org.jboss.net.axis.server.TransactionResponseHandler" />

            </responseFlow>

  </service>

</deployment>

Any ideas how I should expose this service?  It's supposed to return an
XML document with nested elements...

Pete