axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erich Oliphant" <eri...@vantixweb.com>
Subject JAXP Message.writeTo adds extra, empty namespace decl
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:00:39 GMT
Hi,
I am sending a Message object but I am encoutering some weird behavior.  One of the tags in
the body is a XSD_DateTime, ie:

<soap-env:Envelope ... xmlns:xsi="XMLSchema-instance uri">
    <soap-env:body>
        <DocTag
            <ns1:DateTag xmlns:ns1="uri"  xsi:type="xsdDateTime">...</ns1:DateTag>
..
..
..

I noticed that the Message.writeTo() changes the <DateTag> to this:
     <ns1:DateTag xmlns:ns1="uri"  xmlns:xsi="" xsi:type="xsdDateTime">...</ns1:DateTag>

Which is invalid.  The  xsi URI is already in the Envelope tag, so I am perplexed as to the
reason the message tries to add it.  Further I don't see any options that would tell the message
to "leave the body alone".

Any ideas?

Thanks.