axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Armond Avanes" <Armond...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: XDoclet and Axis deployment descriptor
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2003 05:12:14 GMT
Hi Bill,

Well, as on my scenario, I have some EJBs which should be somehow
exposed/called/used in a Swing client. While I'm using "ejbdoclet" tag
to generate the necessary bean stuffs, the same tag is used to generate
a web-service interface for the beans (I know I can directly introduce
my beans as services via AXIS but I prefer this way because of some
optimizations I've done there) and WSDD file for all my services as well
as the client SOAP code to call the desired services. For web-service
interfaces, WSDD file and client side SOAP code, I'm using some
templates and they're working fine all together :-)
So no SOAP specific tasks in my case.

As for old Apache SOAP (2.2), I'm not experienced so prefer not to
answer this part.

Best Regards,
Armond

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Pfeiffer [mailto:wsplist1@tampabay.rr.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 6:01 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; 'Axis-User'
Subject: Re: XDoclet and Axis deployment descriptor

Which XDoclet task/tag are you using?  I see the docs for the Apache
SOAP stuff.  Does the old SOAP and new Axis use the same WSDD?  If you
are using this, where do you specify serializers,etc. (maybe they are
automatically determined, which would be very cool!)

If you are not using the XDoclet provided apache soap task/tag, which
are you using?  Does axis provide XDoclet support?  I don't see in the
1.1rc2 stuff?

Sorry for the flurry of questions, but I'd really like to auto generate
this stuff.

Thanks for any help you can give towards getting me started with
Xdoclet/Axis!

Bill