axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ben Wyckoff <ben.wyck...@mirror-image.com>
Subject wsdl4j compatibility
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 03:57:09 GMT
Hello,
	I am a relatively new Axis user, and I have been trying to
both create and consume web services. I found an interesting article
at
<http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-udax.html?dwzone=webservices>

on Dynamic Discovery and Invocation of Web Services which uses
uddi4j, wsdl4j, and Axis to discover a service, parse the WSDL, and
then invoke using Axis.

I'm not interested in the uddi4j now, but am very interested in the
wsdl parsing and Axis invocation steps. Using wsdl4j to extract the
relevant data from a wsdl file automatically would be a big help for
me.

Unfortunately, the only file the wsdl4j WSDLReader seems to parse ok
is the WebMath_Impl.wsdl file that is part of the sample code for the
article. I tried the WSDL from Axis 1.0 and 1.1RC1 .jws?wsdl
services, and also from a few services offered through xmethods.com.
In all the failure cases, I get the following error:

WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: No WSDL interface definition found.

And yet, these services do work, and both Axis and SOAP::Lite clients
can process the WSDL and make successful queries.

Can anybody offer any insight or alternatives?

thanks,
Ben