axis-java-user mailing list archives

From David.P...@kp.org
Subject Re: Excessive Latency for Axis processing
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 00:26:53 GMT
I had a similar experience.

I re-wrote a couple of services I had done with Apache SOAP. Similarly,
they sent a bean of values as input and returned an array of beans, and
used BeanSerializers for all classes. The request was < 2 Kb in size and
the response was around 60 Kb.

I don't remember the exact times now, but the round trip times went
something like this: a raw text stream over HTTP ran around 300 ms, the
Apache SOAP version took somewhere around 1000 ms, and Axis took 3000 ms.
I can't say if this is "normal" or not. But Axis was definitely orders of
magnitude slower that the Apache SOAP versions.

"Shellman, Joel" <Joel.Shellman@Summit.Fiserv.com>
02/05/2003 12:11 PM
Please respond to axis-user