axis-java-user mailing list archives

From kristian.weissm...@pharma.novartis.com
Subject Re: log4j - separation of axis logs and own application logs [with tomcat]?
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:11:40 GMT

Thanks Benjamin!
Debug output jungle is gone!

|         |           Benjamin Tomasini |
|         |           <btomasini@netever|
|         |           ything.com>       |
|         |           11.02.2003 16:52  |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           axis-user         |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       axis-user@ws.apache.org
                                      |
  |       cc:
                                      |
  |       Subject:  Re: log4j - separation of axis logs and own application logs [with
  tomcat]?                            |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

You would need to create different appenders in your log4j.properties,
based on the package name of your application.  Here is an example of
two appenders writing to the console.  The "additiviy" property prevents
duplicate logging.

# Root logger
log4j.rootCategory=ERROR, R

log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n
log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

# myapp logging
log4j.category.com.myapp=DEBUG, myapp
log4j.additivity.com.myapp=false

log4j.appender.myapp.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.myapp.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n
log4j.appender.myapp=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender