axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Rob Beers <robbe...@mgwnet.com>
Subject arrays of beans, c# client, and null problem
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:43:15 GMT
I realize I can't return an empty array of beans back to a c# client so I am
trying to return null when the array is empty.

When I return null the c# client gives me this error:
Cannot find type for http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding:Array

tcpmon output
<getProvidersReturn xsi:type="ns2:Array" xsi:nil="true"
xmlns:ns2="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding"/>

When I return items in the array everything works
tcpmon output
   <getProvidersReturn xsi:type="soapenc:Array"
soapenc:arrayType="ns3:ProviderValue[2]"
xmlns:ns2="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-encoding"
xmlns:ns3="urn:RmsService"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
    <item href="#id0"/>
    <item href="#id1"/>
   </getProvidersReturn>

I think the problems is ns2:Array instead of soapenc:Array.  How can I get
soapenc:Array when I return null?  Or is there a better solution?

Rob