axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <a...@manes.net>
Subject RE: Is it for me? [Was: RE: Axis vs. IBM WSTK vs. Sun Java WSDP]
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:02:20 GMT
Daniel,

I suggest that you ask this question on the JXTA list. As I recall, there
were a few folks playing with JXTA and SOAP a while ago.

So what is your goal? To use JXTA as your discovery/connection method? I
certainly don't see any problem transferring a SOAP message using JXTA.

Axis provides a simple transport framework that permits you to use a variety
of transport protocols. So you can use it with HTTP, SMTP, Jabber, etc. I
don't know if anyone on this list has build a transport plug-in for JXTA.

(Note that JXTA isn't really a transport -- it operates at a higher level
and can run over a variety of transports, but I think you could still use
JXTA as a SOAP transport.)

Anne

JXTA