axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <Andras.A...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: AXIS support of SOAP 1.1 vs 1.2
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:44:13 GMT
Hi Steve,

I fact the axis 1.0 only understands the "1" value which means phisically that
the header needs to be processed by a handler (latest axis allows
to process it at the pivot point). So the fault is generated because
you don't set the processed flag on that header before it reached the pivot).

The "true" value is not understood by axis in 1.0, the default behaviour in that case
is the same as mustUnderstand="0".

I hope this helps.

Br,
Andras

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Steve Pannier [mailto:Steve_Pannier.CST@jacada.com]
Sent: 27 February, 2003 18:22
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: AXIS support of SOAP 1.1 vs 1.2

Hello all.  I searched but could not find a previous
discussion regarding this on the mailing list.

Does AXIS handle SOAP requests based on the
version of the request (SOAP 1.1 vs SOAP 1.2) as
specified in the SOAP-ENV namespace?

The reason for asking is I am sending a SOAP 1.1
request containing a soap header with
mustUnderstand="1" (per the SOAP 1.1 spec), and
AXIS is returning a SOAP fault, even though
mustUnderstand="1" is valid in SOAP 1.1.  When I
issue the same request using mustUnderstand="true"
(per the SOAP 1.2 spec), it works.

I'm currently using AXIS 1.0, and I'm trying to figure
out how AXIS handles SOAP 1.1 vs 1.2 requests.
Does AXIS take into account whether a request is
SOAP 1.1 vs 1.2, or does it simply handle requests
according to the SOAP 1.2 spec?

Thanks in advance.

Steve Pannier
Jacada, Inc.