axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Dillon (ext. 944)" <Brian.Dil...@fineos.com>
Subject RE: Has anyone ever tried Axis OUT Parameters
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:24:46 GMT
Sloan,

That is what I was doing, I have included a code extract below;

       soapSrv.addParameter("user",new QName("xsd:string"),
            javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
        soapSrv.addParameter("provider_outParmNames",new
QName("ta:StringSequence"),
            javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.OUT);
        soapSrv.addParameter("provider_outParmValues",new
QName("ta:StringSequence"),
            javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.OUT);
        soapSrv.setReturnType(new QName("xsd:boolean"));

        Boolean retObj = (Boolean) soapSrv.invoke(new Object[] {user,
script,
        inParmNames, inParmValues, requestContext});
        boolean retValue =retObj.booleanValue();

        java.util.Map outputMap = soapSrv.getOutputParams();
        System.out.println(" Map is "+outputMap.keySet().size()); //This is
returning 0
        outParmNames.setValue( (java.lang.String[]) outputMap.get(new
QName("provider_outParmNames")) );//Returns null
        outParmValues.setValue( (java.lang.String[]) outputMap.get(new
QName("provider_outParmValues")) );//Returns null

Is there something special I should be doing on the server side;

The service method signature looks like;

  public boolean serverSideMethod(
        String user,
	com.fineos.ta.services.xml.axis.holders.StringSequenceHolder
outParmNames, 	com.fineos.ta.services.xml.axis.holders.StringSequenceHolder
outParmValues)

The two holders here for the out params are null ! Is this correct, how
would axis know what to pass back if the holders themselves are null ?

Thanks,

Brian