axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Slaybaugh Laura J IHMD <Slaybaug...@ih.navy.mil>
Subject [axis-user] another SSL question
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 20:00:56 GMT
Hey,

I am trying to implement a Axis over SSL, using Tomcat.  I've spent quite
some time browsing the archives, and I've been able to get the webservice to
work find using the WSDL2Java classes that were generated. (Hello,
HelloService, HelloServiceLocator, HelloServiceBindingStub) But I'm curious
if I can call an SSL service without using those classes.  When I run the
following code, I get the error listed below.  Am I required to use the
WSDL2Java classes to get this to work, or is there another workaround?

Thanks,
Laura

<code>
	String url = "https://localhost:8443/axis/services/HelloService";
	Service service = new Service();
	call.setTargetEndpointAddress(new java.net.URL(url));
</code>
<error>
	java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https
		at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
		at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
		at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
		at TestRCUDriver.main(TestRCUDriver.java:47)
	Exception in thread "main"
</error>

If I change the code to call.setTargetEndpointAddress(url), I get the
following error
<error>
	javax.xml.rpc.JAXRPCException
		at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.setTargetEndpointAddress(Call.java:612)