axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Oliver Adler" <Oliver.Ad...@SYRACOM.DE>
Subject AW: WSIF vs WSDL2Java question
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:30:06 GMT
Hi Patrick,

your ServiceLocator has a second method which accepts a URL object. This is the way to access
a identical(!) service under a different url.

I hope that helps.

Regards
Oliver

	-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
	Von: BLIS Webmaster (Patrick Houbaux) [mailto:webmaster@blis-project.org]
	Gesendet: Mi 12.02.2003 17.24 Uhr
	An: axis-user@ws.apache.org
	Betreff: WSIF vs WSDL2Java question

	Hi all,

	I'm still quite a newbie to everything concerning web services and I
	would like somebody's opinion on something I'm wondering.

	I want to write a client that should access to a web service defined
	through WSDL that is hosted physically on several servers.

	I have made some experimentation with AXIS and specially with WSDL2Java
	that works fine to access to one server and actually writting a client
	with that solution is very simple ... I like that ;)
	As fas as I understand, the stub generated with WSDL2Java is specific to
	only one server URL (or port if you call it like this).

	My question is,  is WSIF what I need for the objective I have? Is it as
	simple as WSDL2Java to write a client?
	Any other solution?

	I hope my explaination was clear enough.

	Regards,
	Patrick.