axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Munz" <mm...@apelon.com>
Subject RE: .Net Interop: JavaBean -> WSDL -> c# proxy
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:04:47 GMT
Paolo,

  Thanks again for your advice.  I'm using wsdl.exe to generate the proxy.

  What specifically about ConceptBean is "too complex" or otherwise non-interoperable?

  From my point of view, ConceptBean is an extremely simple object.  Regarding the "logic"
of the class, why does it matter?  The bean serializer should only serialize state, right?
 Methods that don't start in "get" or "set", or aren't public, shouldn't matter.

  Basically, I need to know where to draw the line.  Is the problem the depth of my object
graph?  Can beans only have primitives (and not other beans) as attributes?

  In a perfect world, I suppose my web service would only deal in primitives.  In reality,
I have an existing Java API that I would like to wrap with a web service.  Perhaps I should
look into custom serializers...

  In the meantime, I'll check your theory that the ConceptBean object is the problem by creating
a new service that dispenses Form objects.

  - Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Paolo Paganotto [mailto:paolo.paganotto@txt.it]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 10:40 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: .Net Interop: JavaBean -> WSDL -> c# proxy

Yeah, but doing it has been a right move.
According to the code, I can say you that, in my experience, I've been using
Web services exchanging beans and array of beans (with complex members, too)
without problems.
My scenario is: Java classes in an application server, and a client Web
server developed in .NET c#.
Well, exchanging parameters that are pure JavaBeans (as your FormBean),
without ANY logic inside them, just only members, getters and setters,
permits you to map the bean with the default serializer/deserializer. The
other bean, called ConceptBean, looks too much complicated to exchange:
better is to say that it is too complicated to be exported in a way that
maximizes interoperability. Maybe Axis can recognize it, but .NET, in my
opinion, absolutelly don't.
In my project I have complex classes and complex objects, but the only way
to be sure that the WS are really understandable by other platform, is
definitely to exchange parameters that as simple as you can (this may entail
more services to be invoked by clients).
And, since you can put array of beans as member variables of Beans, this
means that parameters can be not so simple.
So, if you are sure that your bean doesn't work, you have to split it
putting through the wire just only the relevant data your client need.
One question: what tool do you use to create the C# proxy class?