axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Brian Ewins <Brian.Ew...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: WSDL / attachments. Please help!
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:15:58 GMT
This is an example WSDL file which specs a DIME attachment and is
supposed to be interoperable:
<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-axis/java/test/wsdl/interop4/groupG/dime/rpc/dime-rpc.wsdl?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup>

However, read the checkin comment:
"Initial checkin for dime/rpc GroupG test. WSDL2Java does not understand
dime extensions right now. It just ignores them...So this is just a
placeholder"

This was only checked in 6 weeks ago. In other words, I wouldn't bet on
DIME interop right now.

Your choices are:
- do something else. The something else being, e.g., send an URL to the
file you want to attach (so it can simply be fetched with a GET request)
- use a different SOAP toolkit
- patch wsdl2java so that this interop test works.
- wait for someone else to patch it.
- just write some of the code by hand. If you use WSDL2Java on a wsdl
file that generates working .Net services, then you should be able to
generate enough of an axis service that you can alter it by hand to do
what you want.

NB, in the last solution, you can tell an Axis service what WSDL you
want it to serve up when queried with ?wsdl. Since your goal is to
interop with .Net, you serve up whatever works for .Net. This avoids the
round-trip problem you describe. See:
<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/xml-axis/java/docs/reference.html#individual_service>

HTH,
-Baz