axis-java-user mailing list archives

From rab yazbeck <rabli...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: SOAP/JAXMServlet implementation
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:29:15 GMT
Hi,

Same case for me, especially I am very confused with
finding support for SAAJ (javax.xml.soap), which,
unlike what I read on Axis's website about 100% SAAJ
compliance, I couldnÂ’t find the implantation of SAAJ's
api javax.xml.soap in axis. Am I wrong?

Thanks..

- Rabih

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Hagger [mailto:mhagger@m-spatial.com]
Sent: 25 February 2003 14:50
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: SOAP/JAXMServlet implementation

Hi,

We're attempting to move from using the Sun "Reference
Implementation"
(JAX pack etc), to using Axis.  I've been using the
1.1RC1 release.

Basically we have a system where a client makes a call
to a server,
which implements a SOAP service using a JAXMservlet
(basically an
extension of a HttpServlet, which replies to POST's by
calling an
onMessage method).  This constructs a reply by
creating a SOAPMessage
(which in our case includes a number of attachments)
and dumping this
reply back to the invoking client (using a
SOAPMessage.writeTo()).

This all worked fine with the Sun reference
implementation, but fails
horribly with Axis.

I've attached a simple piece of example code (which
I'm running within
WebLogic, but should work in any servlet engine).
This happily receives
a "multipart" SOAP message but fails to send anything
sensible back as a
reply.  However, if you remove the attachment from the
reply then all is
fine, since it simply returns a simple xml document in
that case.

Essentially what seems to happen is that suitable
MimeHeaders are never
set/created when constructing a SOAPMessage under
Axis, in particular
the rather crucial "Content-Type" is never set, so
that the reply just
seems to be a streamed together set of attachment
parts, which is
obviously unintelligible to the receiver.

Its not entirely clear if what we are doing _should_
work, although its
exactly along the lines of many of Sun's example
codes, and its hard to
see what else could be done.

Anyone else tried doing something along these lines
and have any
suggestions?

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Hagger
Senior Developer

(T) +44 (0) 1223 421534
(F) +44 (0) 1223 420844

The Information contained in this e-mail and any
subsequent
correspondence is private and is intended solely for
the intended
recipient(s). If received in error please inform the
sender and delete
it. For those other than the recipient any disclosure,
copying,
distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on
such information is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Any information
relating to m-spatial technology is for information
purposes only and no
warranties are made by m-spatial. Opinions,
conclusions and other
information expressed in this message are not given or
endorsed by
m-spatial unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
representative
independent of this message.