axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: AxisServletBase.getEngine - startup performance
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:10:04 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Siegers" <Andreas.Siegers@iocore.se>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 07:06
Subject: AxisServletBase.getEngine - startup performance

Hi all.

>The first call to the AxisServletBase.getEngine method takes about 6-7
seconds for
>me, which is untenable.

I have some bad news for you about your JSP pages then...

>One way of solving it seems to be to add the load-on-startup tag in the
web.xml and put the
>getEngine call in AxisServlet init method.

Maybe, but I think the init code likes to have a Request coming down the
wire to properly init itself (and work out things like its hostname)

Why not preheat the web site by running httpunit tests after deployment, or
have something probe your ?WSDL urls sporadically.