axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anecito, Anthony (HQP)" <Tony.Anec...@rhi.com>
Subject RE: Light Weight Client using Axis
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:34:35 GMT
Thanks Michael,

I have started reading the article! Thanks everyone else so far for
responding!!!

Many Thanks,
Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Yuan [mailto:juntao@pancake.as.utexas.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 10:20 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Light Weight Client using Axis

Use kSOAP. It is less than 100 KB. :) It is not as fully featured as Axis
but it gets the job done in most cases. I have been using kSOAP to access
Axis and JWSDP servers with no problems.

kSOAP does not come with a client stub generator itself. But most IDEs
(SUNOne, WSDD) have included their own stub generators (from WSDL) for
kSOAP.

For more information, check out an article about kSOAP I published on
JavaWorld a couple of months ago.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-08-2002/jw-0823-wireless.html

The article is in the context of J2ME. But kSOAP works on J2SE too.

cheers
Michael
Read Michael Yuan's technology articles
http://www.enterprisej2me.com/articles.php
Dr. Dobbs Journal, JavaWorld, IBM developerWorks and more ...