axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Out of Memory problem
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:20:05 GMT
send it as an attachment. That works for files that size. base64 encoding is
very slow as well as being inefficient; XML parsers dont like strings that
size.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doss Markus" <Markus.Doss@rhein-zeitung.net>
To: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 08:14
Subject: Out of Memory problem

Hi axis people

I wrote some services which transports image data to a server. I've done
this with apache soap. Now I transported a 8 MB tif image to the server
and run out of memory. Actually I don't use attachments for the service.
I code the image data base64 and sent this data with some additional
data to server. The apache soap faq recomment to use axis. Are there any
solutions and examples in axis to handle large files for transport to a
server. The image data could by much larger than 20 MB.

Thanks

Markus