axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Liviu Chiriac" <liv...@inetsoft.com>
Subject RE: how to serialize/deserialize static final fields
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 23:23:31 GMT
Yes, you explained it right.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pathak, Sanjesh [mailto:Sanjesh.Pathak@ENRON.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 5:41 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: how to serialize/deserialize static final fields

It is an interesting topic. Although I am not an expert on WSDL or
BeanSerializer, I think I understand your point. If BeanSerializer does
not serialize constants, then there is no way a client can get that
information. The information or value of the constant has to be either
in WSDL or in the serialized data. If it is not there at both the
places, then their is no way a client can get that information. May be
you might have to re-design your code like sending this information in
the header and asking the client to send it's choice back as a header or
add an extra parameter to your service so as to pass that value.

Sanjesh