axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Liviu Chiriac" <liv...@inetsoft.com>
Subject RE: how to serialize/deserialize static final fields
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 22:30:56 GMT
I understand, by design is not possible. Or at least it is not possible
with a BeanSerializer/Deserializer.

But what I want to do is not contradictory: I want a user to pick a
value out of 3 that I have pre-defined (as constants in my class). I
need a way to communicate to the client what those pre-defined values
are. When the client sends an object to the server, I check to see which
value he picked (out of these 3) and perform different tasks
accordingly. (But I need him to pick only one of these 3...)

What is the best way to transmit these static constants (associated with
a particular class), to the user, if I cannot do it with a
BeanSerializer/Deserializer?

Liviu

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Burati [mailto:mburati@bowstreet.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 4:53 PM
To: 'Liviu Chiriac'; axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: how to serialize/deserialize static final fields

- The BeanSerializer/Deserializer is designed to work with Bean
getter/setter methods, not static constants

- You seem to want a class on the client that has final constants, but
also
want those values transported across the wire from your server
instantiation
of the ComplexObject class to the client and then set based on the
response
message's return value?  Those two requirements are contradictory.