axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jason Winshell <jwinsh...@bearriver.com>
Subject schema validation of non-nillable element
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 05:30:05 GMT
Hi all,

I have defined schema element in a WSDL to not allow a nil value
either by the form:

<element name="packageType" type="xsd:string" />
   or
<element name="packageType" type="xsd:string" nillable="false" />

to be used within a soap body request.

I would expect Axis to validate instances of this element,  disallowing:

<packageType xsi:type="xsd:string" xsi:nil="true"/>

in an instance of a the soap body request.

However, I am finding that Axis 1.1 beta does not validate
non-nillable elements?  What level of schema validation can I expect?

Jason Winshell, Principal Consulting Engineer     jwinshell@bearriver.com
Bear River Associates, Inc.                      http://www.bearriver.com