axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Norris Merritt <norris.merr...@peregrine.com>
Subject RE: consuming document-style web services
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 16:33:46 GMT
 You can consume a document style service with an RPC-style client. For
example, if you download the wsdl for the "Shakespeare" service (which is a
fun little document-style service on xmethods) and feed it to the Axis
wsdl2java tool, it will generate Java objects which can be used to
communicate RPC-style with the service. I've done this, so I know it works.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonnycattt
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Sent: 1/2/2003 11:13 PM
Subject: consuming document-style web services

Hi all,

  quick question: i see on xmethods that the .NET services are all
Document style. Do I use the same approach to consuming these services
as RPC services? I don't remember seeing any examples (or mention of
differences in consuming) for Document style services in the docs.

And another quick .NET question: If I code a java web service and use
axis to deploy it, what's the easiest (and free) way for me to test for
.NET interop?

Thanks all.

Marc

This mail was sent by Cablespeed Webmail