axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: No deserializer defined for array type ?
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:10:02 GMT

As someone else mentioned, you should be using attachments.
SOAP does not emulate RMI - you can't send java objects around the network, you can only send
XML representation of data around.  If the FileInputStream object is not a JavaBean (which
it isn't) then you would have to write your own custom serializer and deserializer to convert
to/from XML.

Use attachments.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Fatih Mustacoglu [mailto:fatih401@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 11:04 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: No deserializer defined for array type ?

no I do not have...

Actually, what I am trying to is implementing a file copy service...I am sending a FileInputStream
object to the webservice that expects an object, and then I am casting it FileInputStream
object inside the method, then I got this previous exception.

So, should I  have a Deserializer registered for the XML type then?

thanks alot...

fatih

 Tom Jordahl <tomj@macromedia.com> wrote:

Do you have a Deserializer registered for the XML type {http://object.myObject}MyObject?