axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Shobha Rani Jagathpal" <shobha.jagath...@wipro.com>
Subject Axis fault when client invokes a webservice which is published in internet
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 09:50:35 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to use a webserivce published in xmethods.net
I have used axis to create client stubs and the code is as follows

import javax.commerce.util.BASE64Encoder;
import com.ammai.www.*;
import java.net.URL;

public class PDFCreatorClient {
  public static void main(String [] args) throws Exception {
            System.setProperty("proxySet", "true");
            System.getProperties().put( "http.proxyHost", "rakshaka " );
            System.getProperties().put( "http.proxyPort", "1010" );

    PDFCreator pdfc = new PDFCreatorLocator();
    PDFCreatorPortType pt = pdfc.getPDFCreatorPort();
    String str = "result of invoking a Webservice from internet";
    byte d[] = str.getBytes();
   String s = new BASE64Encoder().encodeBuffer(d);
   System.out.println("calling meth with "+s);
   byte[] result =
pt.createPDF("testuser","testpassword",s.getBytes(),"Arial",12);
   System.out.println("Result = "+result.length);
  }
}

I am getting the following exception when I try to run it. Could anybody
tell me why this axis fault is coming and what should be done to rectify
it.

Exception in thread "main" AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP
 faultString: (0)
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
        null: return code:  0

(0)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java
:630)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:131)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.j
ava:71)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:156)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:182)
        at
com.ammai.www.PDFCreatorBindingStub.createPDF(PDFCreatorBindingStub.java
:86)
        at PDFCreatorClient.main(PDFCreatorClient.java:17)

Thanks and Regards,
Shobha Rani J