axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Forbis <chris.for...@veritas.com>
Subject RE: Stateful Web Services
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:51:27 GMT
Yes.

How else would the server know this is the same connection?  Each call is a
new connection.  Unless the client passes something the server has no way to
link the calls back to being in the same "session."

-----Original Message-----
From: David Peterson [mailto:peterson@ee.usyd.edu.au]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 3:48 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Stateful Web Services

Hi Steve,

But in the simplest possible case, where I just want to persist data
between *invocations* (i.e. separate calls), do I still need session
info to be propogated client side?

e.g.

Call 1: deposit(100);
Call 2: deposit(200);
Call 3: getBalance() -> 300
Call 4: withdrawl(50);
Call 5: getBalance() -> 250

Where Call 1 - Call 5 are 5 separate invocations (maybe from the same
client, but maybe not).

Regards,

David