axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cory Wilkerson" <cwilker...@travelnow.com>
Subject RE: MessageContext
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:06:01 GMT
Yeah...I just ran across that in the source -- agreed -- ThreadLocal is very cool.  Of course,
that said, I suppose I can't spin off a separate thread and expect to be able to use MessageContext.getCurrentContext()
with any reliability.

Cory

-----Original Message-----
From: Jess Sightler [mailto:jsightler@eximtechnologies.com]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 12:06 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: MessageContext

Hi Cory,

My understanding is that this is thread-safe, because
MessageContext.getCurrentContext() uses a ThreadLocal variable to get
the current context (so each separate thread would "see" the correct
variable only for it's current thread).

ThreadLocal is very cool. :)

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 12:38, Cory Wilkerson wrote:
> Is the following thread safe?  The fact that this is a static method scares me a bit,
ie, will MessageContext.getCurrentContext() hold true in situations like this or is it possible
that as two threads enter this method simultaneously...things could get a little funky.

--
Jess Sightler