axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jon Barber <jon.bar...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Web services configuration?
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:29:41 GMT
Michael D. Spence wrote:

>>I've been wondering the same myself.  As far as I can see there is no
>>such facility, so you may have to do something with having a config
>>servlet (that doesn't server anything to users) that starts up first,
>>reads in params via the usual web.xml route, and then have a factory
>>class to provide config details to your web service.
>>
>>Is there a better way ?
>>

>I just used a properties file and java.util.Properties.

Fair enough, and I know that would work as well.  I just prefer it when
you can use a method like the web.inf  to set them.

But then, as I said you could use a factory and get that to supply the
config details.  Behind the scenes it could either use the servlet
config or a properties file.  You could set the concrete class that
implements the factory interface as a property.

Jon.