axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Irving, Dave" <Irvi...@logica.com>
Subject RE: Validating content sent to style="message" services
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:06:49 GMT
Thanks for your help Dave,

Using a handler would be a pretty nice way of doing this - I'll look further
in to it.
Im a complete newbie to AXIS though, so Im a bit confused as to how I get
'back' to an XML source to parse again.
It is a contained SOAPBody which I wish to validate, and I believe JAXP says
I should use a Transformer to do this.... However, I notice that if I get
hold of the body, a 'toString()' provides me with the original XML content
of the body!!
Is this an ok feature to use, or should I stick with a Transformer?

Many thanks,

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: David Peterson [mailto:peterson@ee.usyd.edu.au]
Sent: 15 January 2003 19:58
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Validating content sent to style="message" services

Hi Dave,

Since no-one else seems to have had a crack at your question, I will.

I believe you can achieve what you are looking for by using"SOAP
handlers", which as I understand them are akin to "servlet filters"
except for the SOAP/web-services rather than Java servlets. Basically my
idea would be to create a SOAP handler that is invoked before the JAXM
message is processed by the web service, and pass the message XML to a
validating (DOM) XML parser. Obviously the parser would also need to be
able to fetch the DOM that matches the message in order to perform the
validation.

Hope this helps. Comments from others welcome.

David Peterson

Irving, Dave wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My service will be using the "message" style rather than the RPC style (not
>by choice..., but there we go..).
>One thing Im really interested in doing is having the XML body validated
>before it is received by my service.
>Is there any configuration option of Axis which can be used to have this
>handled automatically, or do I need to manually validate the content in the
>service or handler?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Dave Irving
>
>This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended
recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential
information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied,
disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an
attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It
 It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are
not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all
copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.