axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Mueller <markcmuel...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Interoperative attachments
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:18:36 GMT
Josh,

Yes, I am trying to develop the service that is
language and platform neutral, so I'm trying to find
the "right" way to handle attachments.  Unfortunately
I don't have other platforms to test on.

The W3C WSDL 1.1 Note shows a MIME binding that
supports attachments, but poking around on the
Xmethods website, I didn't run across any WSDL that
shows the MIME binding.  If vender interoperability
for attachments just isn't there yet, that would be
good to know.

   Mark

--- Josh Kropf <josh@slashdev.ca> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> As far as I know, WSDL does not have any sort of
> mechanism for describing
> attachments... hence each vendors slightly different
> implementation of an
> attachments interface. Your client (or server for
> that matter) will have to
> be aware that an attachment is present and attempt
> to extract it from the
> attachment parts.
>
> BTW... I am assuming you are attempting to make your
> web service work with
> multiple platforms? Are you attempting to use
> non-Java clients with axis at
> any point?

MessageContext.getCurrentContext().getResponseMessage();