axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Mueller <markcmuel...@yahoo.com>
Subject Interoperative attachments
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:27:29 GMT
I've been following this list for weeks now and
concepts are slowly sinking in.  I'm still a bit
puzzled by attachments, though.

I'm developing a service that returns a file to the
client.  In the server code I return a DataHandler
object which Axis nicely turns into an attachment. My
concern is the wsdl which describes the type as:
type="apachesoap:DataHandler".  Will non-Java clients
handle this type correctly, or should I be rewriting
my service is some more generic way that avoids using
the DataHandler?

   Mark