axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Klaus Thiele <...@pi-ag.com>
Subject Re: Adapt the SimpleSessionHandler
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:18:10 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

what's about a HttpSessionListener? you can track new sessionrequests and get
an event if the session was destroyed or timeouts.

but, imho, i think it's not a goot idea to store the db-connection into the
session because it is not serializable and some not-friendly app-servers
will be worry about this.

klaus

Am Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2003 11:09 schrieb
Sebastian.Beyer@wettschereck-partner.de:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a small problem with that SimpleSessionHandler. I put my
> database-connection to the session. If the user terminates the process I
> can destroy the connection, but if the session got timed out, the session
> is active and active and active... For about 10 or 15 minutes. I think
> afterwards the connection is closed by the database.
> Now I'm thinking about what I could do to let the connection be destroyed,
> when the session is inactivated. I looked into the sourcecode of
> SimpleSessionHandler and I know what happens inside there. What would be a
> good chance for me? To get into the loop where the victims (timed out
> sessions) are destroyed/removeed from the sessions-list? That could work,
> but I'm scared of playing around in that code.
> Does anybody have a better idea how to force the SessionHandler to destroy
> all accesses to all objects inside the session?
>
> help is as always appreciated!
>
> Greetings from Hamburg/Germany
> Seppo
>
> Sebastian Beyer
> Softwareengineer
> Wettschereck & Partner
> Gesellschaft f├╝r Informationstechnologie mbH
> Ziethenstra├če 14A
> 22041 Hamburg
> Tel.  +49-40-689468-0
> Fax. +49-40-689468-99

Klaus Thiele - Personal & Informatik AG
mailto:kth@pi-ag.com

 "There's got to be more to life than compile-and-go."