axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Interface Types?
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 17:38:26 GMT
Mark,

If you think hard about this....On the server side, for example when MyServiceImpl's myMethod
needs to be called, Axis needs to get info from SOAP, create an object and pass it into myMethod.
Now if you say that this is a interface, how will automated tools know which object to create?
(and how to create this object).

Option #1: On the server-side the parameter to MyServiceImpl's myMethod has to be a bean
Option #2: You can add your own serializer/de-serializer for the interface

See related problem 15369. Did you understand my logic above? For Option #1, Axis can deal
with
this. For Option #2, you need to add a typemapping entry similar to one below:

      <typeMapping
        xmlns:ns="urn:ExtensibilityQuery"
        qname="ns:ExtensibilityType"
        type="java:test.wsdl.extensibility.ExtensibilityType"
        encodingStyle=""
      />

Please note that you can also specify information in wsdd about the input and output params,
See
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=103911138503393&w=2 for an example

Thanks,
dims