axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Gene Chuang <genechu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: axis ant task in netbeans
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 04:05:36 GMT

Yup, I switched to <java> to invoke all the axis tools and my problems are gone...
Found out even the StackOverflowException I reported was directly caused by:
<taskdef classpathref="axis.classpath" resource="axis-tasks.properties"/>
This tag causes the overflow even if I'm invoking a target that does not use an axis-task.
 I will stop beta-testing the axis tasks until they are proven more stable :-)
Gene
 Michael Rimov <rimovm@centercomp.com> wrote:At 02:28 PM 1/2/2003 -0800, you wrote:

> >Well, ant does its thing differently; you can't really align the
> codebase that well
>
>Given that axis standalone commandlines (WSDL2Java, Java2WSDL and Admin)
>are more stable and better supported than their ant-task counterparts,
>would it be simply better (or possible) for me to write 's that
>invoke of the former java programs rather than trying to run the
>axis ant-tasks?

Sure,

I did that myself, and it works fantastic. Been doing that since RC-1.

HTH!
-Mike